The average human’s attention span is now shorter than that of a goldfish. While the average human attention span was around 12 seconds in 2000 — note, this is around the time that smartphones began entering our lives — it has fallen to eight seconds today. And the average goldfish’s attention span is nine seconds.
Needless to say, marketers must be more creative than ever to not only attract audiences, but also keep their attention. Many businesses use Facebook Ads as a key part of their digital marketing funnel. Using video is a great way to boost your funnel strategy and ultimately drive conversions.
Here are some key steps to build out your full-funnel advertising strategy on Facebook with video!
Know How Your Marketing Funnel Works
Your digital marketing funnel is the journey that prospective customers take from being unaware of your brand to becoming a customer. It’s important to know how your marketing funnel is structured so that you can optimize your cross-channel strategy. Ask yourself questions, like:
- How long does it take for a prospect to travel from the top of funnel, when they’re unaware of your brand, to the bottom, when they become your customer?
- Do you have any leading scoring in place to segment users?
- What kind of content will resonate best at each stage of your funnel?
- Are there holes in your marketing funnel that cause you to lose your prospect?
Know Where Videos Fit into Your Funnel
If your marketing funnel is a path that guides buyers toward a buying decision, how do you keep buyers on that path? Video is a critical tool for engaging your audience and building customer relationships, sharing information and communicating your brand story, and promoting products and services. And your users want to see videos — 54% of people report wanting to see more video content from marketers.
Take Advantage of Facebook Ads’ Campaign Tools to Push Videos
Facebook’s campaigning tools make it easier for you to target your audience depending on where they are in your funnel. Check out these tips below:
- Make videos as engaging as possible, and get to the point quickly — remember, goldfish attention span!
- Check out Facebook’s recommended video specs before uploading to ensure the highest quality viewer experience.
- Sequence your ads to effectively guide customers through the funnel by telling a story and/or presenting information to viewers in a specific order
- Create content tailored to people at different stages of your funnel. Facebook allows you to target individuals who have engaged with your content before. Below is a screenshot of the custom settings dropdown:
Tailoring content to different levels of engagement can significantly boost your funnel strategy.
By setting up campaigns and catering your content, you can more effectively guide your audience through the different stages of your sales funnel.
Videos Are an Effective Way to Boost Facebook Campaigns
Of course, creating video ads is easier said than done. Luckily, digital marketing agencies like Sage Lion Media are here to help. If you’re in the market for innovative ecommerce and/or digital marketing solutions, contact us today!